Saturday 18 December 2010

A serious post....

I've had the misfortune of finding out someone I knew all my life, has passed away this evening, and I wanted to take some time to express how much he has impacted my life.

As a baby I would arrive at the local church and he would be there, as a friendly face and that sight was the same each and every week, and remained as far as I can remember even those days in which I didn't go, or those days in which I lost myself and didn't know where to go.

This blog is out of the ordinary for me, but because he had such a huge impact on me, and my early adulthood, I felt it only fair for me to leave a tribute here, one I hope he can see as he is still watching over us all, wishing he could help, and just be a friendly face, which upon greeting would make you feel wanted and accepted.

I'm new to this so I'm unsure on how to express my gratitude in knowing the man, so bare with me.

Ken. Don't quite know what to say . Thankyou for helping me become the young man I was. I don't recall you having a bad word to say about anybody, a rare quality, Great man all round. You will be missed by all. Thankyou for everything.

Pretty much all I feel I can write at this moment.

Thankyou Ken for always asking how people are, even when you didn't see them ( such as myself for years) and I am guilty on losing my faith.

It didn't stop you still trying to ensure I came back and welcomed me .

Thankyou, seems like an understatement, and I'm sure people that knew you better would be able to express more.

One day we will meet again,and I promise, I will try to be a more forgiving person.



No comments:

Post a Comment